There are now 3 days until
the first episode so I thought this thread needed to be
The Amazing Game is fun and good. <33333333
THE RULES OF THE GAME (taken from TAG 21)
Here are the rules -- please feel welcome to suggest changes -- this is everyone's game!
1. This is an open game, so everyone is welcome to participate and have fun.
2. Players must post their answers by 8 PM -- Eastern time, 5 PM by Pacific time. No exceptions, such as sports delay.
3. Post answers only. If an answer is missing, it's wrong. And yes, you are allowed to search the 'net for spoilers (how do you think some of the questions get formulated?)
4. Like last season, this season we will enact the 'Hijack' system: we will have a hosting rotation every week. I propose anyone who would like to host the week's questions just PM me for the job for that week! Anyone hosting a leg will receive 200 points to replace their lowest leg score.
5. Questions will be uploaded by Thursday night at the latest. Official answers to questions will be posted by Wednesday morning at the latest. I propose that whoever the week's host is also be responsible for determining the answers to the questions.
6. Official answers can be appealed, but a correction needs a citation of the time of the event (like 37:09 into the program).
7. Points and Scores, as itemized below:
A. Yes/No/Cannot Be Determined, 10 pts.
B. Multiple Choice, 25 pts.
C. Fill-in question (typically one per episode), 50 pts. Often there is some subjectivity to who wins this question -- the official scorekeeper will be the judge and jury on this one. In case of a tie for the fill-in question(s), the points will be awarded to the first person to post the correct/closest answers.
D. Wild Card Questions, 25 pts. These questions will be scores and added up at the end of the season, since they are about episodes more than one week in the future.
E. Posting Questions with Answers, MINUS 100 pts. (-100). Warnings will be posted, but no individual PMs.
8. Other rules
A. If you PM a question to the host (whoever he/she will be) and it is used (including paraphrases), then award oneself 25 pts. Authorship will be acknowledged in the question. Maximum points that can be won in this manner is 50 points.
B. At the end of the season, the two lowest scores per person will be dropped -- this allows for the occasional missed viewing or just crappy predictions. For players that join after the second episode they will get a zero for the first two episodes. Never count out a late arrival -- dark horses have known to win!!
C. I propose that whoever the week's host is also be responsible for determining the players' scores for that leg, or players can calculate their own score (which would be a big help to who is hosting).
9. The objective: answer a set of true/false, multiple choice and fill-in questions about an upcoming episode of The Amazing Race. After the episode airs, answers are posted, scores get compiled and a weekly winner is announced. You don't have to play all season, and you can miss two episodes without damaging your cumulative score. At the end of the season, the 12 players with the highest scores get recognized with an elaborate ceremony filled with past stars of The Amazing Race. Who's ready to play?
So now the big question is...
Who would like to volunteer to host Leg 1?
Send me a PM.